The URL resource allows teachers to create a link inside the course to direct students to a website or an external file.
Follow the steps below to create a URL.
1. Add a name for the URL.
2. Write a Description.
3. Check box to "Display description on course page."
1. Define Display:
* Automatic - The best display option for the URL is selected automatically.
* Embed - The URL is displayed within the page below the navigation bar together with the URL description and any blocks.
* Open - Only the URL is displayed in the browser window.
* In pop-up - The URL is displayed in a new browser window without menus or an address bar.
2. If "In pop-up" is selected, determine the dimensions of the new window .
3. Check boxes to display URL name and description
Sometimes a destination site will want data passed with the link. This feature allows for the creation of a parameter string using custom fields and real user/course data.
If enabled, Activity completion is tracked, either manually or automatically, based on certain conditions. Multiple conditions may be set if desired and the activity will only be considered complete when ALL conditions are met.
1. Select Completion tracking method.
2. Select date when the Activity is expected to be completed. The date is not shown to students and is only displayed in the Activity completion report. Click here to learn how to view the Activity completion report.
|Prev: How to add or update a Resource in a Moodle 2.||Next: How to add a File to a course in Moodle 2.|