A wiki activity is a collection of collaboratively authored web documents. Basically, a wiki page is a web page everyone in your class can create together, right in the browser, without needing to know HTML. A wiki starts with one front page. Each author can add other pages to the wiki by simply creating a link to a page that doesn't exist yet.
Follow the steps below to create to create a Wiki.
1. Add a Name to the Activity.
2. Write a Description.
3. Check box to Display description on course section.
1. Choose what the First page of the wiki is named.
2. Choose the Wiki mode, this determines whether everyone can edit the wiki or if everyone has their own wiki.
a. Collaborative wiki: all students in the class can collaborate on this type of wiki.
b. Individual wiki: each student has their own wiki.
3. Choose the default format:
a. HTML: The HTML editor is available.
b. Creole: A common wiki markup language for which a small edit toolbar is available.
c. NWiki: Mediawiki like markup language used in the contributed Nwiki module.
4. Force format: If the format is forced (checkbox ticked), there is no option to choose a format when editing a wiki page.
If enabled, Activity completion is tracked, either manually or automatically, based on certain conditions. Multiple conditions may be set if desired and the activity will only be considered complete when ALL conditions are met.
1. Select Completion tracking method.
2. Select date when the Activity is expected to be completed. The date is not shown to students and is only displayed in the Activity completion report. Click here to learn how to view the Activity completion report.
|Prev: How to create an Assignment in Moodle 2.||Next: How to create a Database Activity in Moodle 2.|