The Database Activity module allows teachers or participants to build, display and search a bank of record entries about any conceivable topic. The format and structure of these entries can be almost unlimited, including images, files, URLs, numbers and text amongst other things. This module will create one table per instance, but you may create as many instances you need. The records can be linked to other tables and all resources in the course, if you allow auto link in a name field. Follow the steps below to create to create a Database.
1. Add a Name to the Activity.
2. Write a Description.
3. Check box to Display description on course section.
1. Choose availability dates.
2. Choose read dates.
3. Required entries: The number of entries a participant is required to submit before the activity can be considered complete.
4. Entries required before viewing: The number of entries a participant is required to submit before they can view entries from other participants.
Note: If entries are required before viewing, the database auto-linking filter should be disabled. This is because the database auto-linking filter can’t determine whether a user has submitted the required number of entries.
5. Enter the maximum number of entries a participant is allowed to submit for this activity.
6. Enable comments to be submit in response to participant entries.
7. Require approval?: If enabled, entries require approving by a teacher before they are viewable by everyone.
1. Select the gradebook category to place this Database.
2. The aggregate type defines how ratings are combined to form the final grade in the gradebook.. If "No ratings" is selected, then the activity will not appear in the gradebook.
3. Select a custom rating Scale, or how many points should be scored.
4. Restrict the dates for rating posts.
If enabled, Activity completion is tracked, either manually or automatically, based on certain conditions. Multiple conditions may be set if desired and the activity will only be considered complete when ALL conditions are met.
1. Select completion tracking Method.
2. Select date when the Activity is expected to be completed. The date is not shown to students and is only displayed in the Activity completion report. Click here to learn how to view the Activity completion report.
|Prev: How to create a Wiki in Moodle 2.||Next: How to create a Glossary in Moodle 2.|