To convert course backups directly to Moodle 2.0, follow the steps below.
Note: Manual upload of files is recommended when only a couple of “outlier” files require migration. Should you need to migrate multiple files or particularly large files, SFTP is highly recommended.
Note: If the block is not visible, the site administrator may need to add the block to the site or make it visible.
1. Click "Choose a file... "to select a file to upload for conversion.
2. View the Uploaded files and/or delete them.
3. Click "Save changes" to save the change(s).
4. Click "Cancel" to cancel and discard the change(s) and quit.
1. Choose a Converter/Format from the drop-down menus:
a. Converter: Type of file being converted i.e. Angel, Blackboard, etc.
b. Format: Type of course format in Joule/Moodle to convert the course to i.e. Weeks, Folders, etc.
2. Select files for converting by ticking the box next to the desired files.
3. Select General settings:
a. Auto-restore/into category: If ticked, automatically restores the course to the category selected.
b. Unattended operation: If ticked,
4. Click "Convert" when ready to proceed.
5. Click "Cancel" to discard the change(s) and quit.
1. Delete files by ticking the box labeled Delete. When you click "Save changes" the files will be removed.
2. Backup files can be restored by clicking the" Restore" link.
3. Click "Save changes" to save change(s).
4. Click "Cancel" to cancel and discard change(s) and quit.
|Prev: How to manage course requests on the site level in Moodle 2.|