A choice activity is very simple – the teacher asks a question and specifies a choice of multiple responses. It can be useful as a quick poll to stimulate thinking about a topic; to allow the class to vote on a direction for the course; or to gather research consent.
1. Add a Name to the Activity.
2. Write a Description.
3. Check box to Display description on course section.
If Limits are disabled then any number of participants can select any of the options.
Once Limits have been enabled, each option can set a limit. When the limit is reached then no-one else can select that option. A limit of zero (0) means that no-one can select that choice. This is an excellent tool for allowing participants to place themselves into groups, while making sure any one group doesn't get over-subscribed.
Place the name of each choice in the blank.
If Limit is enable, choose the total number of participants who can choose that option.
1. The results can be presented in a horizontal or vertical graph.
2. If desired, the results can be published to participants under different conditions (e.g. after they answer, only after the choice is closed, always).
3. If results are published to participants, decide whether to show participant names or not with the choices.
4. Allow participants to update their choice (prior to the close).
5. Show the column of participants who have not selected a choice.
If enabled, Activity completion is tracked, either manually or automatically, based on certain conditions. Multiple conditions may be set if desired and the activity will only be considered complete when ALL conditions are met.
1. Select completion tracking Method.
2. Select date when the Activity is expected to be completed. The date is not shown to students and is only displayed in the Activity completion report. Click here to learn how to view the Activity completion report.
|Prev: How to add or update an Activity in Moodle 2.||Next: How to hide or delete a Resource/Activity in Moodle 2.|