Categories are listed in the left column and the number of courses within that category are available in the second column.
The third column provides the ability to edit, delete, or hide the category from view.
The fourth column provides the ability to move the category into a nest of other categories, or to the top of the category list.
1. Select a parent category.
2. Click "Create category" to save your changes.
1. From this page, navigate to different categories using the "Course categories" drop-down menu.
2. Edit the category or add an additional category by clicking the corresponding buttons.
3. Edit, assign roles, delete, hide, backup or restore courses.
4. Select one or more courses and then move them by choosing a location in the "Move selected courses" drop-down menu (4).
5. Click "Re-sort course by name" to alphabetically sort the course names within the category.
6. Add a new course to this category by clicking "add a new course"
|Prev: How to manage automated course backups on the site level in Moodle 2.||Next: How to manage course default settings on the site level in Moodle 2.|